Public Relations Specialist
We are expanding our team and are seeking an ambitious, creative and skilled Public Relations Specialist who will play an integral role in strategising, implementing and directing publicity and brand awareness initiatives for clients across a broad range of sectors.
Relationships are a fundamental part of life at The Pudding. We pride ourselves on being candid but kind, open and transparent, and authentic and accountable – with each other and our clients. With that being said, partnerships will be a key focus for this role.
The candidate will create, shape and implement client-specific PR strategies in collaboration with our team of brand strategists and creatives to deliver top-tier results for our clients. The Public Relations Specialist will play a critical role in communicating and securing coverage with journalists, editors, and influencers. Your strategic knowledge of how to gain organic media coverage and product placement across a broad range of titles will allow you to support our different clients around key milestones and launches, as well as deliver ongoing PR support. This opportunity is perfect for someone with inside-out media knowledge, strong and established relationships with leading media personnel, and a passion for storytelling.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Media lead and day-to-day partner for The Pudding ensuring that our organically-earned media coverage and reputation continue to evolve whilst delivering proactive and reactive brand reputation solutions for all our clients and new business.
- Provide PR counsel from strategy through to delivery and identify brand awareness opportunities and solutions for our clients through traditional and innovative platforms.
- Finger on the pulse of industry trends and the current climate of media with the ability to foresee changes and develop unique solutions that will deliver on KPIs.
- Develop and drive tailored plans unique to each client and specific to brand and business KPIs.
- The ability to tap into a “black book” of contacts, including journalists, editors and media personnel.
- A broad understanding of the different media outlets and platforms (both established and upcoming), with an innovative and progressive approach to each client’s tailored PR strategy.
- The ability to orchestrate and achieve successful product placement and coverage through a deep understanding of top-tier publications and the interests and focuses of the journalists and editors that write for them.
- Expert knowledge in target media across multiple regions and industries (from tech, finance and health to hospitality and consumer goods).
- Strong experience in navigating the shifting media landscape, the fragmentation of audiences, and the emergence of new technologies and platforms.
- Skilled storyteller with the ability to find unique hooks and angles to pitch clients in various ways to appropriate publications.
- Knowledge of TV and radio opportunities that may be built into PR strategies.
- Digital media and influencer knowledge across a range of industries with experience in sponsorship, brand associations and collaborations.
- Understanding of industry-specific awards that may be suitable for a range of clients.
- Support the planning, execution and promotion of events for The Pudding and our clients.
- Confident representative of The Pudding and our clients. Actively participate in media elements of new business planning and related presentations.
- The ability to implement a campaign performance tracking framework and work through optimising organic opportunities when campaigns are live to maximise effectiveness.
- Ability to successfully articulate and visualise various emerging trends and behaviours across the target media landscape
- Collaborate with analytics and new business teams to build out and execute ideas.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years in an executive or leadership position in a publicity department and/or at a specialist PR agency
- Established industry and influencer connections.
- A connector with a natural curiosity in the arts, current affairs, culture and societal trends.
- A proven track record in achieving traditional PR coverage in top-tier publications.
- Skilled storyteller with an interest in social media and strong knowledge of emerging technologies and their role in brand media impact.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter to let us know why you are the right person for this position.