The Pudding is looking for an experienced and exceptionally talented Art Director to join our growing team, helping us to build exciting brands that are strategically developed and that deliver impact. This is a key leadership position that requires a player/coach mentality – an agile, hands-on collaborator who loves to bring ideas to life. This role will lead the design department ensuring the development and execution of strong, engaging, concept-driven visuals. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be skilled in creating and maintaining relationships, managing opportunities for collaboration along with streamlining our processes. If you are an experienced, passionate and skilled Art Director we would love to hear from you.
IN A NUTSHELL
- A big-picture thinker who’s also detail-oriented with sophisticated taste and a portfolio of work that marries brand, photography, composition, emerging digital trends and video storytelling
- Someone who will lead new brand development, rebrands, campaigns and photoshoots with strong and innovate concepts
- Will review project production factors by studying budget, background information, objectives, presentation approaches, styles, and techniques
- Proactively generate new ideas that will improve the performance of the department and company
- Will enhance the art department and organisation’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Working closely with the Creative Director to spot wider opportunities and push the creative output of the team.
- Who is down to earth and genuine with a high level of integrity and diplomacy
- Comfortable and adaptive to shifting priorities; decisive in the face of tight deadlines, while being mindful of budgets and production details
- Will support the COO in the day to day running of the department
- Manage several direct reports, providing advice and art direction to ensure we consistently produce high quality solutions to briefs
- Work with the Creative Director to critically evaluate the creative processes of the Design team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Someone who is big on collaboration – bringing the team together to create magic
- You will need a strong multi-skilled portfolio which shows passion for both creativity, big brand ideas and multichannel campaigns. We want to see a range of exciting ideas across print and digital which are executed to a high standard.
- With a consistent track record of taking ownership of, interpreting and delivering design projects within agreed deadlines.
- Strong leadership and empathetic people management capability
- You must be confident with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator and have a good understanding of print, digital and TV
- You are a creative thinker with the ability to successfully prioritise multiple campaigns/activities running concurrently. The capability to organise and prioritise your workload will be of high importance.
- Ability to work quickly, to stringent deadlines, without impacting quality or attention to detail. You can work autonomously and collaboratively.
- We are looking for someone who can meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
- 3-5+ years of agency or in-house experience as an Art Director
The Pudding is an international multi-award-winning creative branding agency working with some of the world’s most influential brands. We truly believe in the power of brand as a tool to drive measurable business impact and we have designed and created our own frameworks and tools to deliver that impact to our clients. We are independent, big believers in autonomy, the importance of relationships and we know fortune favors the brave. If this sounds like a place you feel you could soar please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a cover letter and your portfolio. Let us know why you are the one we should be talking to.